Thursday, December 16, 2010

Month 1

Day One

One Month Later

It's amazing what can happen in only a month.  My locks are coming along nicely.  There's a lot of shrinkage and frizz.  There are several locks that are very condensed and I therefore can't stretch them.  My guess is they'll be completely locked within 4-6 months. 
I retightened the front sections at week 3 and plan to retighten the back this week.  It only took me about an hour to do the entire front section, much faster than I expected.  I'm very proud to say that I did not interlock any locks.  I use the small nappy lock tool.
I started using Dr. Bronners Castile soap and it works great for locks.   I'm still using water spritzes once a day.  I haven't used any oil since day one and my hair is still very soft and moisturized even though it's cold outside.  I still can't believe that pure water can keep the hair soft. 
My braidlocks have brought me so much freedom.  I no longer have to "figure out" what I'm going to do with my hair every morning.  My hair ALWAYS looks good no matter what, even when I wake up in the morning.  All I do is spritz my hair with water, fluff, and go.  This is my 30 seconds morning regimen.  I'll join other lock rockers and say, "I should have done this years ago!"      




No comments:

Post a Comment