Sunday, December 5, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Since I love my locks so much, I decided to go ahead and lock my daughter's hair over the Thanksgiving break.  It took forever to finish her hair because it's so long and thick.  I finally finished them on December 4, 2010 and she loves them just as much as I do.  She loves wearing them down and she reguarly does the hair toss.  I've never let her wear her hair down before, but now she's enjoying the freedom.  I love that she's happy and confident and we both love the convenience of braidlocks.  Her hair regimen has reduced from 4-5 hours to 20 minutes!  We share the same products and wash regimen.  The only difference is I oil her scalp.  She has 258 small-medium braidlocks.

Showing how long her was to start.  It's well past her waist, close to thigh length had I combed out the kinks.  I used a clarifying shampoo.  No conditioner or oil.  I then sectioned her hair into 10 sections.


The front section is done.  She kept herself occupied with her DSi.




I used 1/4 inch partings in the front.  It took several days to complete the front.


I used bigger parts in the back and decided to section off the hair and twist because I was running out of time.

Back is done.  I ran out of time and she had to go to school the next day.  I just put jumbo twists in the crown area and put her hair into a ponytail for school.  

Her ponytail.  Her braids concealed the twisted areas.

Almost Done!!!!  Everyday after school I would braid sections.

All done.  She and I are both relieved.  I needed a shoulder massage!

Just in time for Christmas.

Side view

close up.
 

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter hair is extremely long. Wow beautiful!

    ReplyDelete