Friday, August 5, 2011

Product Rave: Rusk Sensories Purify Shampoo

I'm really loving this shampoo!  I bought it to replace Suave Daily Clarifying and it's working better than any clarifying shampoo I've tried to date.

Rusk Sensories Purify shampoo cleanses my hair while refreshing my scalp with pumpkin seed, tea trea and peppermint oils.  The essential oils are near the top of the ingredients list.  My scalp hasn't felt this fresh in a long time.  It felt as if the shampoo penetrated into my hair follicles and removed all the build up that has been going on for some time.  The sensation was ahhhh-mazing.  My scalp felt "tinglely" for hours after usng this awesome shampoo.  It also smells very refreshing, like a mixture of citrus and mint. 

It's a very concentrated and thick shampoo, so diluting it is a must.  I mix a couple tablespoons with 16-18 oz of water, then spray it through my locs.  Although it's diluted, it produces a very rich, dense lather.  I had a huge "lather afro" happening in the shower.  It rinses out cleanly and easily, so there's no build up.  I've found a winner! 

The company says:

"Rusk Sensories Purify Cucurbita and Tea Tree Oil Deep Cleansing Shampoo awakens the senses while providing a natural, deep cleansing that wakes up the hair.  Specially formulated with cucurbita and tea tree oil, Purify shampoo adds vitality and luster, while ridding the hair and scalp of impurities. Purify is ideal for problem scalps that are oily, flaky, or have dandruff.  All Sensories products feature Compressed Formula Technology.  CFT enhances and expands the user's sensory experience.  Use 30-50% less product and achieve twice the performance."

Directions:  Apply to wet hair and massage in thoroughly.  Rinse completely.  Repeat if desired.

Ingredients:  Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, Melaleuca Alternifolia(Tea Tree) leaf oil, Mentha Piperita(Peppermint) Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, fragrance, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, PPG-33 Buteth-45, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Green 5 (CL 61570), Yellow 5 (Cl 19140), Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Hydroxylsohexl3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool.

No comments:

Post a Comment