Monday, May 23, 2011

Month 6: The Locs are on AutoPilot


Sometimes it seems as if my hair was specially created for locking.  This is the path of least resistance because my hair has never been this hassle free.  This is the way beauty should be:  effortless.

The locs are doing great this month.  I did have some scalp problems and build-up, but that's old news now.  I solved my build up problems with Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo and the dryness with Kenra moisturizing shampoo.  My first time using a moisturizing shampoo was awesome.  It didn't leave any buildup and it gave my hair the moisture it was craving.  I plan to use the moisturizing shampoo as a "conditioner" for now.  I've also started oiling my hair and scalp, which is something I didn't do in the beginning.  My hair feels awesome and so do I.

Freshly washed and retightened on May 21

The locs have entered the "swelling" phase.  There's no turning back now.  Notice how the braid pattern is completely gone.

2 comments:

  1. If your locks started of as braids, you can never tell now. You have a lovely set of locks. Very pretty!! I also loved the parts as well!!!

    ReplyDelete