Saturday, April 23, 2011

Month 5: Scalp Issues

April makes 5 months that I have been locked.  It's going great except for my scalp issues.  I learned the hard way of the importance of using the right products for locks.  I found it's best to use water thin products that do not leave a film/build-up.  I tried a new leave-in and my scalp went crazy.  I looked at the ingredients and the leave-in contained dimethicone.  Never again. 

Luckily,  I got the flaking under control.  I now do extended rinsing (rinse for 5 minutes before and after shampoooing) in addition to my usual routine and it really made the difference.  My hair has body and my scalp is relieved.

I hit another milestone this month.  The braid pattern is disappearing.  My husband commented that my hair looks like locks instead of braids.  Very happy about that.    
Freshly washed and retightened.  The left side is on a growth spurt. 


The braid pattern is finally disappearing at the crown.  The pattern is long gone everywhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment