Monday, November 22, 2010

Took The Leap With Braidlocks



On November 8, 2010, I decided to take the leap and lock my hair.  It was something that I had long dreamed of doing for YEARS.  I intially wanted SisterLocks, but there was no way I could afford them.  In the end I decided to order the Nappylocs Business in a Box kit.  I read the book and followed the directions and my hair came out great!  I started off by interlocking my hair and it was taking too long. Then it dawned on me that my hair is short so I might as well braid it.  It took 9 days to complete my hair and it was a labor of love.  After it was all said and done, I had 455+ micro-braidlocks!  I am so happy and relieved, I have wash and go hair.  The only problem is I can't stop touching it.
Sectioned and Ready to go
I started off doing interlocks, but I became weary!

Four days after finishing and shampooing.  My hair has shrunk tremendously.  I have a mixture of braids and interlocks and I love them all.
I really like this picture.  I like how my locs are layered.

No comments:

Post a Comment